Over the past two decades, Destiny has grown into a thriving program that serves more than 4,000 youth annually, ages 3-18. In a world in which violence is only escalating, Destiny offers a unique solution that makes real, lasting impact in the lives of our youth and in our community.
As we prepare to make our final move into a home fit for our vibrant dance and martial arts programs, we need your help to make our move a reality. Take a virtual tour of our proposed layout for our new facility.
All contributions, large or small, are deeply appreciated. To donate, click the button below, or make your check payable to Destiny Arts Center Campaign and mail it to:
Destiny Arts Center
Raise the Roof Campaign
1000 42nd Street
Oakland, CA 94608
Let’s talk. We are happy to talk to you about the campaign, feel free to email Executive Director Cristy Johnston Limon or call (510) 597-1619 x103.
Of course, while we are most in need of financial donations, we sincerely appreciate all of your support: your in-kind donations of services, building supplies and equipment, and your volunteer hours as we work together to achieve Destiny Arts Center’s mission. It is because of you that our mission endures. Thank you.
In the last 9 years, we have moved 3 times, as we have outgrown spaces or leases have ended. Each time we move, we waste valuable resources that could go towards our programs and our young people. And each time we move, we lose touch with many of the individuals who need us.
That’s why Destiny Arts Center needs a long-term place to call home. And this is why your generous contribution means so much to us, to the youth of Destiny, and to the community we serve.
Destiny’s ideal home will strengthen our connections and commitment to our East Bay community. It will be a refuge where young people are encouraged and fostered as they learn to navigate conflicts without resorting to violence. We can do so much more in a stable location that is built with our programs in mind and where our young people know they can always find us.
Our goal is to raise the remaining capital we need to make our new home all it can be for the youth we serve.
We have come so far in reaching our fundraising goal. To date:
- The Walter & Elise Haas Foundation awarded Destiny a $100,000 capital grant
- Bank of America awarded Destiny a $200,000 grant
- Members of our Board donated more than $160,000
- And, we received more than $400,000 in individual donations
- The Mendelson Family Fund in February, 2013 just announced a 50K challenge grant!
- Our thanks to the Bernard E. & Alba Witkin Charitable Foundation for being the first to step up to the challenge by sending a $10,000 check towards the match.
- The challenge ends on April 15. Ensure your donation is counted towards this important goal!
We are closing in on our campaign goal. But, Destiny Arts still needs YOU to help us make the hope of a long-term home for Destiny come true! Your gift will go towards:
- Building out a safe, beautiful, and energy-efficient space to serve our young people, including a homework area; locker rooms with changing areas; and studios designed for performances, theater, yoga, aerial dance and martial arts classes
- Enhancing existing programs while exploring new ways to serve our community, such as making our space available for public events, music, or visual arts
- Greater reserves to provide even more financial sustainability for our growing operations and ensuring Destiny’s long-term sustainability in a permanent facility
Download our Business Plan to learn more about our facility plans, budget and our programs.