Youth Class Fees & Registration
For information about our classes, please refer to our class schedule.
Registration is required for all students. We offer one free trial class for new students when space is available in the class. Students are not considered registered until Destiny program staff receive all completed materials and the initial payment. Classes do fill quickly, so please submit completed paperwork and payment to ensure placement. For full classes, please follow the steps below and submit a completed form to be placed on a wait list.
How to Register for Classes
- 1. Go to our online registration site to create a family profile with your contact information, and information about the children you intend to enroll in classes in the “family members” column.
- 2. Click the classes tab and select the class(es) you’d like your child(ren) to be enrolled.
- 3. Choose what you’d like to pay for three months of that class from the list of fee options, and then select whether you’d like to pay in full or pay off the total fee over the course of the semester. We no longer offer monthly autopay, instead we’ve made it easy for you to pay off your balance once a month (or whenever you choose) online!
- NOTE: if you prefer to pay by cash or check, you will not be able to enroll your child in the class online. Please email Hannah@destinyarts.org with the subject line “Cash/Check Registration” for further instructions. Please include your phone number in the body of the email.
- 4. Email or hand-deliver a copy of our registration form (Check back on or after September 9th for a fillable PDF) to email@example.com
FOR A STEP BY STEP VISUAL INSTRUCTION GUIDE, CLICK HERE: REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS_DAC FALL 2016
How to make a payment online:
- 1. Go to our online registration site and log in. Forgot your password? Call 510.597.1619 and ask to speak with Hannah.
- 2. Click the “Account” tab
- 3. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to “Event Balance” and click “Make a Payment”
Our Sliding Scale
As a non-profit organization with a mission-driven value to provide access for all families to our programs, Destiny Arts Center’s classes are offered on a sliding-scale. We empower families to choose what they pay for classes, and no one is turned away for lack of funds.
Families choose the amount they pay for each child’s enrollment in a given class within a sliding scale of $15-150 per month of class based on what feels appropriate to their financial situation with the knowledge that twice weekly class costs Destiny Arts Center approximately $135/per child, per month as an organization.
We trust that our families will be as generous as they can in helping us meet the costs of our high quality programs, and keep Destiny classes financially accessible to all. Our intention is to honor every family’s monetary commitment regardless of what they choose to pay.
Please note that refunds are not guaranteed and are considered on a case-by-case basis only.
All Destiny Arts Center classes are arranged according to three program areas: Dance, Martial Arts, and Performance Companies (by audition only). As of Fall 2016, families pay for each class they enroll their child(ren) in, even if it’s in the same program area. Please see our Youth Classes at Our Center page for more detailed descriptions.
Martial arts students grades K & up are encouraged to sign up for a minimum of 2 days per week. Students signed up for Dance classes that meet twice a week must be able to attend both sessions regularly.
Martial Arts classes are always open to new enrollments, whereas our Dance classes close mid-way through the semester. The last day to enroll in Dance classes for the Fall 2016 semester will be October 23, 2016.
Policies and Releases
All releases and waivers must be completed and are included in the registration documents:
Early Arrival Policy
Students should arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to the start time of their first class. Once a student arrives at Destiny Arts Center they are not permitted to leave until the completion of their class day or by parent/caregiver consent. Students should arrive prepared for class with their uniforms and any food, water or gear they require.
Enrollment Guarantee Policy
Registration and regular attendance is required for all students. We are happy to offer free trial classes to new students, but enrollment is not guaranteed until completed registration materials and payment are submitted. Enrollment may be suspended or terminated for poor attendance or nonpayment. If you plan to be absent, or are unable to pay your monthly dues, please contact program staff at our office as soon as possible to make any necessary arrangements.
Penalties and Refunds Policy
Refunds are not guaranteed and are considered on a case-by-case basis. A $20 fee for returned checks or late payments will be assessed.
Destiny Arts Center expects parents/caregivers or an authorized person to pick-up students no later than 15 minutes after the end of their class day. We will call the primary contact after 15 minutes and will place calls to the secondary contact and the emergency contact listed until we reach someone. If a child is not picked up within an hour of their class ending we will consider this Child Neglect and will contact the Oakland Police Department at (510) 777-3333.
Student Leave Policy
Destiny Arts Center must receive prior parent/caregiver permission for a student to walk or take public transportation when departing at the end of their class day. Destiny Arts Center is not responsible for these students once they leave the building.
Waiver of Liability
Families must sign a waiver of Liability for their student(s) to attend and participate in Destiny Arts Center programs and classes.
Families are asked to give permission for Destiny Arts Center to use photos or video footage of my child(ren) listed above for publicity and educational purposes both in print and on the internet.