Volunteering at Destiny Arts Center makes you a partner in the critical work to end isolation, prejudice, and violence in the lives of young people. Thank you for the valuable gifts of your time and efforts.
Volunteers support our work in many helpful ways:
- Data entry or General admin
- Photo or Video documentation
- Grant-writing/donor solicitation
- Production assistance
- Facility maintenance/improvements
- Classroom support
- Community outreach
- Clinical services
- As staff during our fundraising events or performances
- Homework help/hall monitoring during our regular onsite classes
- Graphic design
- …and many others!
Volunteers enjoy meaningful experiences while engaged at Destiny, and return again and again. Volunteers with the ability to gift 20 hours of service or more may be eligible for appreciation benefits, including an annual volunteer appreciation event. Adult volunteers who engage young people on an ongoing basis will need to provide proof of a negative TB screening and complete a Livescan fingerprint background check prior to service, both of which are typical and standard for working with children in the state of California.
Thanks again for your dedicated concern for our mission, and your gifts of service.
Please contact Ethan Zatko, our Program Manager, if you would like to volunteer.
current volunteer opportunities
- Data entry at Destiny Arts Center offices. We need ongoing support entering data from our many surveys and evaluations in order to analyze the information, make strategic decisions and complete reports. This support job is less spicy on its face, but is absolutely critical to our work.
- COMING SOON… Support our efforts at our Youth Performance Company productions at Laney College Theater this coming April, 2015. Support will be needed in our lobby, selling and taking tickets, selling snacks, ushering in the theater, etc. Lots of fun, many helpful hands needed. Stay tuned for more detailed info coming soon.