Volunteering at Destiny Arts Center makes you a partner in the critical work to end isolation, prejudice, and violence in the lives of young people. Thank you for the valuable gifts of your time and efforts.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Our annual winter recital, Love In Action, is coming up on Saturday, December 12th at 6 PM at McClymonds High. Spend time with Destiny youth before the big show in our pop-up playroom! Click here for more information and to sign up for a shift.
- Data entry at Destiny Arts Center offices. We need ongoing support entering data from our many surveys and evaluations in order to analyze the information, make strategic decisions and complete reports. This support job is less spicy on its face, but is absolutely critical to our work.
General Volunteer Information
Volunteers support our work in many helpful ways:
- Data entry or General admin
- Photo or Video documentation
- Grant-writing/donor solicitation
- Production assistance
- Facility maintenance/improvements
- Classroom support
- Community outreach
- Clinical services
- As staff during our fundraising events or performances
- Homework help/hall monitoring during our regular onsite classes
- Graphic design
- …and many others!
Please contact Hannah Klein, our Onsite Engagement Coordinator, if you would like to volunteer.
Mandy Bereny (pictured here with dance student Brianna) is a visual artist living in Oakland who comes in to Destiny every Wednesday to supervise the Community Resource Room, help students with homework, and facilitate exciting visual art projects. She believes in the power and importance of Destiny’s work and feels drawn to the collection of amazing, creative people (her words, not ours!) that learn, teach, work, and play here. Thank you, Mandy, for your amazing work!
Thanks again for your dedication to our mission, and your gifts of service.