Volunteering at Destiny Arts Center makes you a partner in the critical work to end isolation, prejudice, and violence in the lives of young people. Thank you for the valuable gifts of your time and efforts.
Volunteers support our work in many helpful ways:
- Data entry or General admin
- Photo or Video documentation
- Grant-writing/donor solicitation
- Production assistance
- Facility maintenance/improvements
- Classroom support
- Community outreach
- Clinical services
- As staff during our fundraising events or performances
- Homework help/hall monitoring during our regular onsite classes
- Graphic design
- …and many others!
Volunteers enjoy meaningful experiences while engaged at Destiny, and return again and again. Volunteers with the ability to gift 20 hours of service or more may be eligible for appreciation benefits, including an annual volunteer appreciation event. Adult volunteers who engage young people on an ongoing basis will need to provide proof of a negative TB screening and complete a Livescan fingerprint background check prior to service, both of which are typical and standard for working with children in the state of California.
Thanks again for your dedicated concern for our mission, and your gifts of service.
Please contact Hannah Klein, our Onsite Engagement Coordinator, if you would like to volunteer.
current volunteer opportunities
- Our annual June recital, “Moving for Peace,” is coming Saturday, June 6th! These are exceptionally fun and exciting community-wide performance and celebration events featuring hundreds of young performers displaying their dance, theater and martial arts skills. We depend on the generous support of our volunteer community to make them happen. Please refer to the sign up form, and be in touch by phone or email with any questions. Thanks!!
- Data entry at Destiny Arts Center offices. We need ongoing support entering data from our many surveys and evaluations in order to analyze the information, make strategic decisions and complete reports. This support job is less spicy on its face, but is absolutely critical to our work
- Support our efforts at our annual benefit gala, Thursday, May 28th at Sweet’s Ballroom in downtown Oakland. We depend on a strong showing of volunteers to make this event a successful one. Please refer to more info by clicking here.